Minds4Change (“M4C”) is a Spanish non-for-profit charitable organization registered in the Spanish National Record of Associations on October 29, 2014; with ID number 606509; whose mission is to be an instrument of comprehensive development and long term social transformation; investing in people, ventures and ideas that create systemic change and with focus in education, training and entrepreneurship to fight poverty, poor health and failures in the education system.
Our vision is to establish ourselves as an international platform and meeting place to provide financial resources, tangible and intangible resources, and multidisciplinary working teams to beneficiaries of our action and any other association or organization that shares our Magna Carta, enabling this change at international level, reason why Minds4change is teaming up with partners around the world to take on these tough challenges
We focus on these issues in particular because we think they are the biggest barriers that prevent people from making the most of their lives. We firmly belive that in the XXI century it does not make sense the following facts as highlighted by United Nations:
- 1,200 millons of people (16.6% of total population) are living in extreme poverty (less tan $1.25 per day).
- 60% of the workers in Third World and developing cuntries earn less tan $4 per day.
- 500 millions of people do not have access to basic sanitation.
- 900 millions of people can not eat the daily recommended nutrients.
Some of the projects we fund will fail. We not only accept that, we expect it—because we think an essential role of philanthropy is to make bets on promising solutions that governments and businesses can’t afford to make. As we learn which bets pay off, we have to adjust our strategies and share the results so everyone can benefit.
Our strategy is based on four core principles, that we consider as Minds4change’s DNA and the cornerstones of our action and social development:
- Values, based on ethics, integrity, commitment, professionalism, effort, solidarity, independence, honesty, exemplarity, respect for diversity, transparency, continuous improvement, pursuit of excellence and teamwork.
- Education and training, grounded in teaching values as a basis, and to develop personal skills, competencies and specific technical skills for people and communities learn to do things for themselves successfully and independently.
- Promotion, support and fostering entrepreneurship, research and innovation, with a focus in technology.
- Collaborate in creating an ecosystem and framework that provides resources to the beneficiaries of our action such as: groups in risk of exclusion and disadvantaged, underdeveloped or developing countries, developed countries, students, researchers, unemployed, pensioners and entrepreneurs.
We are optimists, the challenge is huge but we believe by doing these things—focusing on a few big goals and working with our partners on innovative solutions—we can help every person get the chance to live a healthy, productive life.
Antonio Alcocer, Minds4change President.